what is my call?

Sometimes I wonder what I am truly called to in life. Am I called to be a leader in the church, am I called to be a great brother, am I called to be a friend to all? When I think of calling I think that this is the most important thing in my life. If God has called me to something then it is super important!

I think I am called to love God with all my heart, soul and mind. This is a simple realization that by living 100% for God I am going to be a good church leader, brother, friend and anything else I feel called to. But to truly live sold out for God, and let that love and relationship have an overflowing nature into the other aspects of my life is, in a way, revolutionary.

So often we are taught to excel at school, relationships, tasks, our job and I feel we miss out on the real purpose for our life. I want to love God and let that be my first priority in life. Everything else will follow!

So in considering my future and what to do after college this really impacts the way I consider my options. I feel like for grad school a Biblical Degree is in order. If I am going to spend the money to get a degree I want it to impact my relationship with God in the deepest way possible!

I also feel God calling me (a secondary calling) to be very theological in my ministry someday. That I am to really figure out theology and it's application to children as they develop. I want to hit kids with as deep of theology as possible for their age group starting as soon as they are born. Having a worldview from birth that God created them is a very powerful thing! Oh man, I'm excited to challenge kids to fall in love with God at a young age!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment