answered prayer

I have a hard time waking up in the morning. While I would classify myself as a morning person, I would also classify myself as sleep deprived and always looking for those few extra minutes.

Last night, when I was going to bed at 1am, I felt this huge desire for reading God's word and spending time with him and a sadness that I hadn't been able to read my Bible that day. I prayed a simple prayer, "Lord help me to wake up and spend time with you in the morning". I then went to bed with my alarm set for 7:15. When my alarm went off this morning I was less than enthusiastic and I hit the snooze. But once my alarm went off again I remembered my prayer and I got out of bed with an attitude that it was time to Worship God! I praise him so much for this answered prayer, that he would help me wake up and above all remind me of my last thought and desire of before I went to bed just as I am waking up so that I can follow through this morning. God is so good.

9 ”So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-10)

When we are seeking after God the desires of our heart will be that of his, and when we ask for those things, we will receive them. This is a simple example of how I can claim the promise in this verse today!

No comments:

Post a Comment