an update on life

I officially started my Senior Year (and last year) of college at Biola University 2 weeks ago. So far it has have been going great and I am loving everything about it…besides all the work that is. Both semesters of mine are going to be super busy since I will be taking extra full course loads to graduate on time and working 20 hours a week at my church. It’ going to be awesome!

As far as my internship goes I just hit my 1 year mark working at Friends Church in Yorba Linda, CA. For those of you that don’t know I work in the Children’s Department there with kids from 0 years old up through 6th grade. It’s been quite an exciting year and I truly believe that the Lord is using this church to prepare me for ministry. In the last year I have been to Summer Camp, Winter Camp, worked on VBS, helped lead a mid-week program for 5th and 6th graders, worked on the weekends leading small groups, teaching large group, and learning the ropes as well as many more amazing opportunities to grow in my leadership and programming abilities. It’s been quite challenging, but a huge year of growth for me!

Something that’s been very exciting for me this year is getting an apartment with 3 other guys. It’s pretty awesome and I’m really enjoying the whole process of the place. I mean I really don’t mind the cleaning and chores and cooking and stuff. It’s quite fun actually! Having a place that I can call mine is super nice after I’ve moved 7 other times since starting college.

What I’m excited for this year: Graduation! That’s a big one since it’s the end of my basic education! I can see freedom (or at least it looks that way to me) at the end of this road and I can’t wait to not have classes! I’m also looking forward to developing some great friendships with Biola people and Church people this year! I’m a people person and love to connect with others and what God is doing in their life.

How God is working in my life: God is really working on my heart right now. I have a lot of head knowledge and a lot of times know the right thing to do. However I don’t always feel it or want what is right and best. I believe God is really working on my heart to line up what I know to be true with how I will feel in those situations. I’m really excited to see how my heart and mind can someday work as a cohesive team to help me make the wise choices in life!

If you want to get a hold of me to ask more questions or check in to see how I’m doing you can do that these ways:

E-Mail: kyle.a.zimmerman@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/kylezimmerman
Twitter: www.twitter.com/kyle_zimmerman

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kyle for emailing us your blogspot address. It was great to read your postings. Even though I've known you for 21+ years, your postings allow me to get to know you better. Your heart & mind are coming together day x day, and your pursuit of God's will is evident. I too am glad for your living arrangement for your senior year. Enjoy the relationships and the work and the studies. God is in all of them! Dad

    ReplyDelete